09 April, 2014

THE LEIBSTER BLOG AWARD

I was super-hyped a few days ago when Alyssa Carlier (Insanity Inc.) nominated me for the Leibster Blog Award, because I basically never get awards, not even for the littlest things. Thanks so much, Alyssa! :D

The rules:
  • Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them!
  • Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator!
  • Nominate 10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers!
  • Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer!
  • Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their website and notifying them!
 So here are the questions Alyssa made for me to answer:

1. Favorite villain?

Um. There are so many! Am I allowed to list more than one? I have to say… Cthulhu. He’s one creepy BAMF. I just love the way Lovecraft describes him, with the tentacles and the slime and everything. (I was actually so obsessed once I made a post about Cthulhu in my old blog.)

Or maybe I should go with Dave Mustaine.

Moving on.

2. Favorite word?

I’ve never actually thought about this until now. I don’t have a favorite word, per se (though I do overuse “also”, “perhaps” and “dude”) but now that I think about it, it’s probably “motherfuck”. Not in the literal sense, mind you. Just because it sounds ominous and I usually say it when I’m amazed or irritated. (It usually comes out as “mo-tha-fock”, with the Danish accent and everything, but I won’t bore you with the details.)

3. What oxymoron/paradox describes you best?

“Don’t ask what you can do for your country; ask what your country can do for you.” (While it probably doesn’t describe me, it means a lot to me. Courtesy of Take No Prisoners.) But I suppose “chaotic silence” describes me best—I’m almost always very quiet: I don’t interact much, I just try to make conversation (ends up as an epic fail) and laugh like a madman. I don’t talk much either (unless it’s with a fellow metalhead, in which case the words come out in a rush, stumbling after one another) but my thoughts are just pandemonium. The worst thing is just that they all reside in my head, and I know shit’s starting to hit the fan when I start talking to myself and referring to myself in the second person.

4. What do you do when procrastinating?

(You know what, I’d like to change the answer to the first question: procrastination is probably my favorite villain.) I listen to a lot of music—mostly Pantera, because they make me happy and when I listen to them I just get the feeling that nothing’s wrong in the world and that my homework isn’t waiting in some deep, dark recess of my desk. I air-drum on the day before an exam instead of studying because it calms me down. Also, the Internet has spoiled me, especially Tumblr and Figment. I also watch TV when I’m procrastinating—usually Whose Line is it Anyway?

5. Dark, milk or white chocolate?

Milk, though I don’t have anything against dark chocolate either. I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate because it makes my throat feel bad.

6. What are you currently reading?

Stephen King’s The Stand and Inkheart by Cornelia Funke… both at the same time.

7. What’s the one thing you would never change about yourself?

My appreciation of metal music, the way it makes me talk aloud to myself, and the way it makes me more independent when it comes to thoughts and actions. (And yes, I define that as one thing.)

8. Trig or log? (If you’re clueless, I congratulate you on your fortunate life.)

I’ve never done log, so I suppose I’m partially fortunate. I almost destroyed my math textbook in rage over the stove (true story) because trig was cracking my head open gradually from the first time I’d learn what sin and cos meant, but I’ll never take it up in school again and I’ve had it seeping out my sanity for only an unfortunate time of nine months. So, my selection is neither.

9. What foreign language would you want to learn?

Danish. Well, I’m in the process of learning it (and I haven’t made much progress except for being able to ask where the toilet is and saying “goddamn it”) but I’d love to learn it completely and be able to talk fluently. The accent is also infiltrating my English and I’m proud of it. After I’m done with Danish, I’d like to learn two other Scandinavian languages—Swedish and Norwegian. Icelandic and Finnish will result in my disability to speak English. (I also just realized I have a favorite band from every Scandinavian country except Iceland—Gasolin’, Children of Bodom, Tantara and ABBA.)

10. What is your ideal method of death?

Quick, painless, and without even knowing in advance that I’m going to die.

Here are the questions I made up! I apologize in advance if most of them are heavily musically-oriented.

1. What are your three favorite bands/musicians?
2. What’s a pet peeve of yours?
3. If there was one instrument you’d like to learn, which one would it be and why?
4. What do you do before you nod off to sleep?
5. What’s a word/phrase you keep repeating throughout the day because you’re used to doing so?
6. Do you like anything even remotely related to the 1980s? (Please don’t answer Ronald Reagan.) Better yet, were you born in the 1980s?
7. Are you a feminist? Why/why not?
8. Opinions on heavy metal (or really any genre of metal you’ve listened to)?
9. What’s a weird quirk about you?
10. State your life philosophy. (P.S. Yes, you’re allowed to mock life, lemons, lemonade and anything even distantly tied with life.)

Nominees—I’m assuming you guys have less that 200 followers!
Sheridan @ Sher'an My World
Keerthana @ Thoughts Trickle
Skylar @ metallica1698

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my last comment was posted, but I was thanking you for nominating me! XD What if I can't come up with ten bloggers though? :/ I'll still write your questions on my blog. :)

    What do you think of The Stand (omg, you're reading that!!) and Inkheart so far? :D I read the latter a long time ago, and it was incredibly. There are two more books in the series and they made a movie of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MEIN GOTT.
    Thank you for nominating me!
    And I don't have 200 followers, I have 1.
    So thank you for following me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, really interesting responses! Scandinavian countries are awesome :) And Inkheart completely mesmerized me a few years back, although the rest of the series deteriorated for me. Don't let that put you off though, it's just a personal quirk.

    I love your questions so much, ahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your nomination! ...earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nivedha, THANK YOU! :D I know I'm seeing this like a month later, but I don't blog that frequently. And I don't know any other bloggers :/ So I'll just answer the questions and post some of my own! Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete